If you’re a New Zealand citizen, staff can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas. Find out what services are available on the SafeTravel website (external link).
Staff at this office can:
- provide advice re lost or stolen passports (external link) if you need to travel urgently
- help you contact family or friends to request emergency funds (external link)
- provide a list of English-speaking lawyers, and contact family and friends on your behalf, if you are detained or arrested (external link)
- provide advice on local medical facilities, help contact your family and or insurance provider if you are ill or injured (external link)
- help with arrangements following a death overseas (external link)
- account for New Zealanders who may have been affected by a major overseas crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters.
For more information please visit:
For other services provided by other New Zealand Government agencies, please visit the following websites:
NZCIO does not provide notarial services. However, certain documents may be able to be certified, witnessed, declared or sworn (as applicable) for use in New Zealand by lawyers in Taiwan. Please see our list of lawyers to check if they are able to provide this service.