From 9 October 2012, the receiving office for New Zealand visa applications for people applying from Taiwan has been changed. People residing in Taiwan should lodge their visa application in person or by mail to the New Zealand Visa Application Centre (external link) in Taipei.
You will need to apply for a Visitor’s visa if you are:
- Visiting for more than three months
- A spouse or child of holder of student or work visa
- A guardian for children under 17
- Making multiple visits to family
- A third country national from a visa required country
A Visitor’s visa application form (external link) is available from the New Zealand visa application centre. It will give you information about coming to New Zealand as a visitor and help you to understand the requirements you need to meet.
Proof of sufficient funds
You must provide evidence that you can cover accommodation costs, living costs and travel out of New Zealand. The evidence that you have to provide depends on whether you have a sponsor who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, and what they will provide for you.
If you do not have a sponsor, you must provide:
- Evidence that you have NZ$1000 per month for each person or
- Evidence that you have NZ$400 per month for each person, and evidence that each person’s accommodation costs are already paid for
Acceptable evidence includes:
- Photocopies of traveller’s cheques
- Bank drafts
- Letters of credit
- Bank statements in your name
Your passport must be valid for three months beyond the date you will be leaving New Zealand.